This transformative 2-part program can be offered as a stand-alone workshop or as a part of a series. It is designed to give participants practical tools and skills to mitigate the negative impact of gender bias, become active bystanders, and champion gender diversity and inclusive leadership.
During this course participants will:
- Understand the formation and impact of gender bias on individuals and organizations, and how it can be mitigated through reframing and inclusive leadership.
- Develop practical skills and strategies for reframing negative self-talk and building self-confidence, particularly in the face of gender bias.
- Understand the principles of inclusive leadership and how they can be applied to champion gender diversity and create a more inclusive workplace.
- Understand the bystander effect and how to become an Active Bystander.
- Be able to identify and address instances of gender bias in the workplace and become an active bystander in challenging gender-based discrimination.
- Understand the importance of empathy and allyship in creating an inclusive workplace, and develop practical strategies for building empathy and fostering allyship among colleagues.
- Be able to develop and implement strategies for creating a more inclusive workplace culture that values and respects diversity of all kinds, including gender diversity.
- Understand the ethical and legal implications of gender diversity and inclusion in the workplace and be able to apply ethical standards in creating an inclusive workplace.
- Develop a personalized action plan (blueprint for change) they will be able to implement following the program
- Course Outline
- Origins of Gender Bias
- Common Gender Biases and Their Impact
- Gender Bias Case Study; Tools that Counter Gender Bias
- Becoming an Active Bystander; Championing Inclusion
- Reframe for Confidence
- How our Brains Work; Embed New Learning Successfully
- Transform Negative Self Talk
- Communicating with Impact when it Matter Most; Negotiation Skills
Preparation & Sustainment Steps
- Personal Learning Goal-Setting & Progress Review
- Case Study
- Pre-Reading Articles and Videos
- Peer Learning Support
- Take away basic tool set
1.5 day over 4 days or 4 weeks
12 hours or 4×3 hour modules
workshop (virtual or in-person)
The assessment of a participant’s progress will be a combination of classroom participation, review of concepts during in-class activities and peer-feedback following real-time practice sessions.
Course Customization Options
Can be customized for the specific needs of clients through, incorporation or alignment to client-specific organizational messages (values, business processes etc), modifying the workshop delivery schedule.