Participants will learn about the power of language as both an inherited system of enforced prejudice as well as a flexible tool to invite openness and creativity. Through recognition of personal bias, participants can gain mastery of simple skills that help them be agents of transformation.
During this course participants will:
- Recognize the impact of language on relationships and the workplace environment
- Identify microaggressions and their impact
- Demonstrate inclusive language
- Identify actions and behaviors to show up as an active bystander
- Demonstrate awareness of personal triggers through the exploration of brain science at work
- Identify ways to communicate clearly in moments that matter
- Discuss the importance of empathy
- Intent vs Impact
- The Brain At Work
- Being An Active Bystander
- Communicating Clearly In Moments That Matter
Preparation & Sustainment Steps
- Personal Learning Goal-Setting & Progress Review
- Pre-Reading Case Studies
- Completion of Respectful Workplace Tutorial
- Peer Learning Support
- Take away basic tool set
workshop (virtual or in-person)
The assessment of a participant’s progress will be a combination of classroom participation, review of concepts during in-class activities and peer-feedback following real-time practice sessions.
Course Customization Options
Can be customized for the specific needs of clients through, incorporation or alignment to client-specific organizational messages (values, business processes etc), modifying the workshop delivery schedule.